Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship
The Spring 23 scholarship recipients have been selected. This scholarship opportunity is for Fall 2023:
The Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for currently enrolled students pursuing a two-year degree at Central Piedmont. The scholarship is restricted to books and/or tuition assistance. This scholarship award is made possible through library fundraising projects.
- not have previously received a Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship
- not a library employee, including work-study student
- full-time student (currently enrolled in 12 credit hours or more) in an approved program leading to a two-year degree
- completed at least one full-time semester at Central Piedmont
- cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation, an unofficial Central Piedmont transcript, and an essay on how the Central Piedmont libraries have helped them achieve their educational goals thus far.
Two $500 scholarships are awarded in the fall and spring semester. If awarded a scholarship, the full scholarship award will be deposited directly into your Central Piedmont account once your enrollment in 12 or credit hours more for the awarding semester is verified.
- Up to $500
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you an employee working in the Central Piedmont Community College library (including work-study student)?
- Have you previously received the Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship?
- Write an original 550 to 750 word essay on how the Central Piedmont libraries have helped you achieve your educational goals thus far.
- Please upload your letter of recommendation here.
- Please upload an unofficial copy of your Central Piedmont Transcript