Charles Fonville Endowed Scholarship
The Charles Fonville Endowed Scholarship is available to students who are enrolled full time in any associate degree program and meet the following requirements:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 22
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Are a graduate of a Charlotte Mecklenburg High School
- Have demonstrated financial need
Applicants must submit a 500-word essay detailing your reasons for applying for the scholarship and its importance to your educational and career goals and telling about their high school achievements and record in community service and civic involvement. Preference will be given to Mecklenburg County natives and/or students who are of strong character as demonstrated through community service and civic involvement.
This scholarship program was established in 2008 by Mr. Charles L. Fonville.
- Up to $2,500
- Supplemental Questions
- Where you born in Mecklenburg county and/or have lived here your entire life?
- Have you participated in a community service project?
- Please write a 500-word essay detailing your reasons for applying for the scholarship and its importance to your educational and career goals. Please also tell us about your high school achievements and your record in community service and civic involvement.